How To Overcome Obstacles And Challenges In Your Life
Overcoming obstacles is a key component in achieving your goals, your dreams, and your aspirations. Life, in a nutshell, could be viewed as a series of obstacles to overcome. No one gets away without them. No one has an easy life, all of the time. We all have to deal with crises and challenges at some point. Some people suffer physical sickness, while others may have mental health challenges. Some may be challenged by poverty, having no nearby running water to drink, and yet they remain optimistic and light-hearted. Some may have riches but suffer much grief and loss. The Buddhists talk about the ten thousand joys and the ten thousand sorrows: We all have much to be grateful for and we all suffer much too.
Learn to expect obstacles to occur, because they will! Life is not meant to be all roses. Be prepared to overcome each obstacle as it arises, safe and secure in the knowledge that each obstacle will make you stronger and more resilient, and will also teach you wisdom. Obstacles are your opportunity for growth and transformation.
Here are some strategies to help you in overcoming the challenges that arise for you:
- Identify Your Obstacles To Success. What is holding you back from achieving your goals? Is it your mindset? Could it be a limiting belief you hold? Is it fear, anxiety, or feelings of unworthiness? Is it your finances? Is it other people? What are they doing specifically to hold you back?
- Take control. Even though you may believe it is other people who are holding you back (for instance, “My partner won’t let me”), ask yourself, “Is this really true?” Look for your part in the situation and figure out how you can do something different to help you get the results you desire.
- Identify solutions. Look for the desired outcome. What will it look like when you have what you desire? Picture the longed-for outcome in great detail, as if it has already occurred. What will be different then? What does a solution to the obstacle look like? Brainstorm as many ideas as you can.
- Realise every obstacle that you overcome or skill that you learn gets you one step closer to your goal.
- Create a list of solutions. Then, break the goal down into realistic, doable, smaller steps. If you look at the end result, you can feel overwhelmed wondering how you will ever get there! Breaking the task down makes a seemingly impossible feat become more manageable.
- Create an action plan. Write down a plan with time-specific deadlines, showing what you will do first, by when and so on, until the date by which you will have accomplished your goal.
- Review your goals. Be flexible, modify when necessary, and enjoy the journey.
- Acknowledge and Celebrate any progress small or large.
One of the most powerful ways to develop the skills to overcome challenges in your life is the practice of Yoga Nidra. To join our free Yoga Nidra Introductory course simply enter your best email below to get instant access.